• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are 'Soft Proofs' in Lightroom and how did they start and how do I get rid of them?

Advocate ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 'bug' that happens automatically somehow that I'm not aware of, now making duplicates of my images in Lightroom with no warning and no obvious way to back out of it... ruining my workflow until I can get rid of them. Please help, this intrusion on trying to get work done. How do I turn 'soft proofing' off?

TIA,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

No bug. Simply disable the 'Soft Proofing' checkbox underneath the image in the Develop module. You may have to press the 'T' key first to make the Toolbar visible.

Soft proofs are a way to preview how an image will look when printed. You look at the image as if it was converted to the printer color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No bug. Simply disable the 'Soft Proofing' checkbox underneath the image in the Develop module. You may have to press the 'T' key first to make the Toolbar visible.

Soft proofs are a way to preview how an image will look when printed. You look at the image as if it was converted to the printer color profile.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Johan, You have saved my day and I appreciate greatly. I only wish that things that are so obtuse and narrowly specialized were not so easy to accidentally set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines