Highlighted

What does Alt+Spot removal do?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long time user of LR Classic, but noticed the other day that when I am using the Spot Removal tool and hit the Alt key the cursor changes to scissors, but I can't work out what it does or how I should use it. Can anyone help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

The 'scissors' icon will 'cut out' remove any existing healing spot.

Hold [Alt] -Click on the spot to remove the adjustment.

You will need the spot overlays visible. [H] to toggle visibility, or select from the Tool Overlay: menu on the Tool Bar.

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What does Alt+Spot removal do?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a long time user of LR Classic, but noticed the other day that when I am using the Spot Removal tool and hit the Alt key the cursor changes to scissors, but I can't work out what it does or how I should use it. Can anyone help?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by WobertC | Adobe Community Professional

You will need the spot overlays visible. [H] to toggle visibility, or select from the Tool Overlay: menu on the Tool Bar.

Topics

How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks WobertC. It's obvious now. I've also only just discovered that clicking and then holding the Shift key down as click away makes the Spot remover edit all between those two clicks. There's always something new to learn!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the [Click...Shift+Click] function is great for removing powerlines from the sky, etc. Not as good as Photohop's Content Aware Fill though.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines