• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What if I don't want cloud storage?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that Lightroom 4.1 (not to be confused with Lightroom 4.1 from 10 years ago) will now run natively on Apple M1 processors, which implies that it could be screaming fast.
But, it also says that it stores the photos "on the cloud".  For all sorts of security and privacy reasons, not to mention the performance of my internet connection, I don't want my photos on the cloud.  I really can't imagine how long it would take to upload 40-100 GB of raw files from a photo trip.  There's also the issue of my 20TB library of images.
Can the cloud storage of the new LR 4.1 be turned off?
Also, what features from LR "classic" does one give up in the new LR 4.1?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can the cloud storage of the new LR 4.1 be turned off?

No. That is how Lightroom v4.1 'works'. It is 'Mobile' orientated - Image files are stored in the Adobe Cloud!
Also, what features from LR "classic" does one give up in the new LR 4.1?

See  a Feature Comparison table here-

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks.  When I found out that it worked natively on the new apple chips I thought that it might be a useful program. Since it requires everything to be uploaded to the cloud, with all of the privacy and security risks that entails, not to mention the complete unusability of uploading tens of gigs of data from a photo shoot, it is completely useless for any sort of serious photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has already said that there will be a native version of Lightroom Classic too. Just wait for that one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines