• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the 'two way street' sign on image thumbnails mean?

Advocate ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only recall seeing this on the last import and on none previous. Can you tell me what the 'two-way' sign means on thumbnails in Lightroom?
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 12.59.37 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

If you hover the cursor over that icon it will tell you that the image is an Embedded Preview, i.e. during the import you selected the "Embedded & Sidecar" preview option. That means that Lightroom will display the jpeg preview that cameras embed in the raw files, rather than generate a new preview via conversion of the raw file. It's mainly a performance aid, as it allows the user to quickly start culling a new batch of imports without having to wait for Standard or 1:1 previews to be built.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hover the cursor over that icon it will tell you that the image is an Embedded Preview, i.e. during the import you selected the "Embedded & Sidecar" preview option. That means that Lightroom will display the jpeg preview that cameras embed in the raw files, rather than generate a new preview via conversion of the raw file. It's mainly a performance aid, as it allows the user to quickly start culling a new batch of imports without having to wait for Standard or 1:1 previews to be built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Jim. Thank you for this very clear response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines