Highlighted

When exporting an image in LRC can I enlarge the. image beyond what dimensions the original is in?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to have larger images printed when I ezport the NEF file. Will checking the enlarge box actually give me a larger image of good quality?  Thanks very much for your assistance. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

When exporting an image in LRC can I enlarge the. image beyond what dimensions the original is in?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wanting to have larger images printed when I ezport the NEF file. Will checking the enlarge box actually give me a larger image of good quality?  Thanks very much for your assistance. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 26, 2020 0
WobertC LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (Cloud based) cannot 'up-size' - Export with 'Dimensions' set to [Full Size].

Lightroom-Classic - Up-Sizing larger that the original always means that new pixels have to be created from those existing in the file without any real increase in "quality".

I have found that (my Nikon NEF) Exports, without Up-sizing, will print with excellent detail. Never needed to try up-sizing!

Check out-

https://www.nationsphotolab.com/pixelchart.aspx

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0