• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When loading Lightroom CC for first time, you are asked whether you are a beginner, something in middle or pro. Did I set this up wrong? Can it be changed?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just purchased the Creative Cloud photo package. When it first loaded was asked what level I was at. I set up beginner, thinking that would give me all sorts of help options the other levels wouldn’t have. Wrong. I was using Lightroom 3.3 and Photoshop Elements 15 as standalone programs on my computer before. Bought a new camera that wasn’t supported by 3.3 for import/export, so gritted my teeth and bought the CC Photo package.aNow the interface in Lightroom CC is so basic it’s a joke. There’s no menu across the top for Library, Developer, etc., and the import/export interface only gives me JPG options, not PNG or TIFF!

Think I messed up by calling myself a beginner at the initial setup. Or am I missing something else? Hoe do you backtrack to reset those initials choices?

Suggestions for a fix will reward the fixer with many karmic points. Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

The question is for marketing purposes only and does not affect the software in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Plan do you have? As Lightroom Classic is the latest incarnation of the traditional Lightroom and what you seem to be looking for. (Lightroom CC is a simpler product and stores photos in the Cloud, syncing across devices).

Compare plans | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

I wouldn‘t know how to reset the experience preference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the Creative Cloud Photography plan. Didn’t realize I had Lightroom Classic as well as CC. I will see if that suits my needs better.

Bonnie Kreitler

Rambling Dog Publications

ramblingdog.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To explain a little further, Lightroom CC does not have the different modules that you are accustomed to. It is the cloud-based Lightroom, and has a much simpler and more streamlined interface. You probably want to install Lightroom Classic CC. It is the version that is desktop-based and allows you to manage images in folders on your hard drive like you have become accustomed to. As a subscriber to the photography package, you are entitled to use both programs and have a limited amount of cloud storage space. You would do well to look into some tutorials on YouTube and on the Adobe website to help you understand the difference between the two programs and how they relate to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s probably the best set of videos (the last three especially) although they are last years.....

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmXfFxjdp3CGnpC3HMourShlcS_4KAshf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is for marketing purposes only and does not affect the software in any way.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines