• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to import pictures from Photos to Lightroom I can't see any RAW pictures

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Lightroom and I wanted to try it out for some of my most recent taken pictures. However, when I try to import from Photos (I don't have an add-on device to transfer directly from my SD to my macbook) I do not see the photos I show in RAW. Does anyone know what could be the issue?

Trial version Lightroom 3.3

Canon EOS 2000D

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you bringing the images into Photos? Make sure that you are not accidentally converting the RAW files to JPEGs as you bring them to Photos.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now I am downloading the photos via the cloud, from the Canon app to my mobile phone. Via iCloud I can open them in Photos. Perhaps they are converted to JPGs if I do it that way (some of them I can see now but most photos still do not show up when I want to import them.

I have yet to buy a SD card - USB-C converter, so this is how I have been transferring photos to my macbook up until now. From searching the internet I do feel like that is the best way to import the photos so will purchase one of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread we found out that the canon app will only place jpegs on the photo roll, so Photos only gets to see jpeg files and never the raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! That explains a lot. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the Lightroom app on your phone. It will import the raw files and upload them to the Lightroom cloud so that you can view them and work on them from any device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines