• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will LR be ready for Tethered Shooting with the Nikon Z6?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will LR be ready for Tethered Shooting with the Nikon Z6? We already have the Z6 II now. It's time für the Z-System, Adobe 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Yeah you need Lightroom Classic which has tethering and many other features. Lightroom Desktop is a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to desktop operating systems. It stores all images in the cloud which can be convenient but it misses many features (printing, tethering, control over exports, books, etc.) that are present in Classic. Classic stores all the images locally instead of in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethered shooting with the Z6 and Z7 has been supported since LR 8.2 so for quite a while now. The cloud based Lightroom does not support tethered shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jao vdL,

do I need another version of Lightroom? LrC? 

Sorry the question, I just went over from Capture One Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah you need Lightroom Classic which has tethering and many other features. Lightroom Desktop is a port of the mobile version of Lightroom to desktop operating systems. It stores all images in the cloud which can be convenient but it misses many features (printing, tethering, control over exports, books, etc.) that are present in Classic. Classic stores all the images locally instead of in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear... why? What is the idea behind this confusion, Adobe?...

I should give LrC a chance, but for the moment it seems better, to stay with Capture One Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is LR also able for Tethered Shooting with the Nikon Z50?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have classic and it still does not recognize the camera Z6 or Z5 but it will import images off my card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Z6 has been supported since Lr-Classic v8.2

! SUPPORTED CAMERAS TETHERED

Support for the Z5 may follow in a future upgrade.

TETHERED TROUBLE-SHOOTING

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines