Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are my edited images in Lightroom: not in Cloud

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I spent several hours editing my first image in Lightroom CC.  Long story short, I had to restart my computer because I wanted to bring it into Photoshop, but PS would not open, so I downloaded new version of Photoshop.

Here is the problem:  I re-opened Lightroom, and now I cannot find the edited version of my image. I went to the cloud and can't find it. I thought there would be a File-->Open Recent option but there is not. I see the original image I was working on without the edits when I go to the Home button. It has Edits highlighted, but this first image is the original. (see attached)

I understood that the Adobe Cloud automatically saved my edits, but I am unable to access. 

Can anyone please help me in trying to find the last file I worked on in Lightroom?

Mac 10.13.6 (High Sierra)

Lightroom CC 3.3

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I found this tutorial on how to save a file to my Mac https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/how-to/share-albums-photos-lightroom-cc.html 

That's great, but I'm still hoping to find the file I was editing in Lightroom before I had to Force Quit.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update #2:  Well good news.  I realized that I was not connected to the cloud. I turned off my VPN and am now connected.  Even though my original edits weren't saved, I now know why.

Won't make that mistake again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When posting images, please use the website and use the tools provided to include the image in your post. It makes looking at your image much more convenient.

Message box.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the edits were not synced to the cloud yet when you force quitted Lightroom. I don't think there is anything you can do about that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines