Highlighted

Where are my edits stored - on my local hard drive or the cloud?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I place the photos I want to edit on the Adobe Creative Cloud. After I edit those, are the edits -- i.e. my Lightroom Library -- stored on the local hard disk or on the cloud (I suspect the local hard disk)? I am asking because it seems a complete waste to pay Adobe for cloud storage if the edits aren't stored on the cloud as well. Sure, I'll still have the originals if my house burns down and takes my computer with it, but I don't have time to redit everything from scratch after the fact. If the default is to have my Lightroom Library/edits on the local hard drive, is there any way to move it to the cloud where it would be protected?

Thanks, from someone with very limited computer knowledge.......

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where are my edits stored - on my local hard drive or the cloud?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I place the photos I want to edit on the Adobe Creative Cloud. After I edit those, are the edits -- i.e. my Lightroom Library -- stored on the local hard disk or on the cloud (I suspect the local hard disk)? I am asking because it seems a complete waste to pay Adobe for cloud storage if the edits aren't stored on the cloud as well. Sure, I'll still have the originals if my house burns down and takes my computer with it, but I don't have time to redit everything from scratch after the fact. If the default is to have my Lightroom Library/edits on the local hard drive, is there any way to move it to the cloud where it would be protected?

Thanks, from someone with very limited computer knowledge.......

TOPICS
How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0

Have something to add?