• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where do I delete the Photos that Lightroom synced to the Cloud without permission? & UI Complaint!

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always understood Lightroom to be a Photo & Video File Manager.  The prompt button I saw in the upper left corner, when opening Lightroom and asigning it a folder on my external drive to check it out a few hours ago, was "Add Photos".

This is extremely poor UX.  I am in Lightroom, NOT the Creative Cloud App.  I did not choose to 'sync' a damn thing.  I expected Lightroom to create a database of my photos so that they would be cataloged and easily available. 

I never expected anything to sync, and I sure as hell do not want any face recognition software going through my extended family and me winding up screwing up their lives when Adobe is hacked at some future date (and I insist that Adobe will be hacked because they actually do business with Facebook which has a security breach effecting millions of its users every other month, and yet by doing such close ties with Facebook Adobe is still projecting an illusion to the world that Facebook is all right, because Adobe IS such a major player in software & technology). 

The real brands that will benefit from Facebook's lack of; care, security, honor, integrity and intelligence are the brands that will not have anything to do with Facebook and therefore did not lead their users, customers and clientelle astray and give them the impression Fb is OK, putting them in jeopardy by doing so.

So, what I mean is, your Lightroom UI sucks.  It is just one lousy button, yes, but it has been deliberately and intentionally labeled the way it has in order to be misleading.  Then, the user wants to catalog his portfolio and winds up uploading it to the web unintentionally, and has no way to delete all those photos from his Adobe account.  WTF?!!!  How the hell do I delete every single photo that Lightroom uploaded?  Syncing is off, but I do not want to delete anything from my own hard drive. 

This type of CLICK FUNNELING for dollars WILL BE ILLEGAL as soon as the law catches up with technology and the government understands how hurtful your Guerilla GUI puts users in compromised positions.  And I know you probably don't care if you are already employing such underhanded, unscrupulous tactics.  But, THESE USER CLICK HERDING GUERILLA UI STRATEGIES ARE DEAD WRONG AND RUINS YOUR BRAND, @ADOBE!

I cannot believe you went there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use the version of Lightroom that stores the original images to the cloud, then you can't be surprised or complain if Lightroom does what it is supposed to do.

It looks like you installed the wrong version of Lightroom. The app that is simply called 'Lightroom' is a new app that stores all originals in the cloud. If you want to use the version that stores the images locally, then you need to use Lightroom Classic. That is the latest version of the Lightroom that has been around for ten years.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines