• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does one finds RGB values?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first foray in Lightroom v4 on Windows 10.

I found the Histogram but there is no RGB readouts of any kinds?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe they're yet available in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure I came accross some random posts to the effects of RGB readouts being in "Percentages" rather than the traditional, Photoshop 0-255 values? Is it that they are not available *yet* in Lightroom V4 *but* we know they're forthcoming in a dot upgrade release? To your knowledge? It breaks my heart...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those "random posts" were probably about Lightroom Classic, which does have RGB values (in percentages). But as I said I don't think they're in Lightroom (if they are, they're very well hidden). 

Regarding my "yet" comment, no I have no knowledge about when or if the readouts will come to Lightroom, but it's still relatively young (in comparison to Lightroom Classic) so it's entirely possible they will be implemented sometime in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me, then, for having downloaded and installed Lightroom V4 as opposed to Lightroom Classic! So, on to uninstall "Lightroom V4" and install "Lightroom Classic". 

Looks like "Lightroom" is a "dumb-down" version of the "real" Lightroom.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a dumbed down version of Classic. You will find many passionate people prefer Classic and most tutorials are for Classic. I prefer LR. I actually use them both, together and seperate. There are things that LR can do that Classic can't - like use AI to search. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines