Highlighted

Where is "Export" in Lightroom CC?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read another thread which was marked as "answered" but there was definitely no answer!

How can I export my photos?

Why is there no "export" option under File? There is only "Save to".

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

There is no Export in the Cloud Based Lightroom CC, only 'Save To', from where you can export Jpegs of various sizes or 'Original+ Settings'

If you need a wider range of export options (depending if the Cloud Based CC's won't meet your requirements) then you will find these in Lightroom Classic, the traditional folder based version of Lightroom.

Topics

How to, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Where is "Export" in Lightroom CC?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read another thread which was marked as "answered" but there was definitely no answer!

How can I export my photos?

Why is there no "export" option under File? There is only "Save to".

Thanks in advance.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

There is no Export in the Cloud Based Lightroom CC, only 'Save To', from where you can export Jpegs of various sizes or 'Original+ Settings'

If you need a wider range of export options (depending if the Cloud Based CC's won't meet your requirements) then you will find these in Lightroom Classic, the traditional folder based version of Lightroom.

Topics

How to, Import and share

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering the same. I'd like to be able to resize photos, and the tutorials I can find say to use the "export" or "print" functions, neither of which I can find in CC. Do they exist, or is there a workaround?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maura37  wrote

Wondering the same. I'd like to be able to resize photos, and the tutorials I can find say to use the "export" or "print" functions, neither of which I can find in CC. Do they exist, or is there a workaround?

The tutorials you are watching are for Lightroom Classic CC, the desktop-based Lightroom. Lightroom CC (the cloud-based Lightroom) is much different, does not have the export function and does not have any printing functions at this time. It's unfortunate that Adobe chose to name the cloud-based Lightroom the way they did because it has caused a lot of confusion. As mentioned in a previous response, Lightroom CC has the "Save to" function that enables users to save JPEG copies. However, there are no printing options available. If you need printing functions then perhaps you should consider using Lightroom Classic CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to get to the correct tutorials is directly from the application Help menu item or from the Lightroom CC icon in the Creative Cloud manager. If you try a general search in Google for instance you will almost always come to Lightroom Classic tutorials first because the application was launched in 2007 and there is a lot of information available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lr CC Cloud - Save To is the only option. Lr Cloud does not have the full Export functionality as you may have become used to in Classic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save to gives you various export options e.g.

Various size jpegs or your own custom size or save original+settings

You can save to a folder location of your choice.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why there are only 2 export options from a photograph post processing program made by the world's largest, best known graphics company. Seems odd that they'd intentionally leave out important export options such as TIFF and even HEIF formats. Polar offers such. Affinity Photo offers it too. So does Capture 1. Paintshop Pro has it. Pixelmator, Acorn, ACDSee, Luminar, DarkTable, and Aftershot all seem to be age to export many formats too. So what's up with Adobe?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your vote here Rob, so the engineering team may prioritise:

Lightroom CC: Additional options needed when exporting | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joke. I had an old version of Lightroom on disc and upgraded to a Mac Laptop for my photog biz today and feel like I was robbed. Had to Google a zillion times to figure out all the freaky changes and create presets for every stinking photo... and now I can’t even export for my client!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines