• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

which way to go: classic or CC

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI am brand new to Adobe but have been using other photo editing packages for about 20 years so think I am pretty experienced about editing etc.

I am a TV location manager/ scout. With each new project, I will take a lot of photos of different locations on a daily basis, then post these in neatly arranged folders via dropbox to my clients. This is the chosen website for most companies. I also keep these images in their respective folders on my Mac and often reference them later for other projects, so cataloging everything correcly is really important to me, to be able to do a quick search for certain types of property etc. This search is keyword based, using location names/ areas that I have visited.

Having made the switch, I am now confused about which way to go, Classic or CC.

I now shoot mostly on my iphone which is sufficient for my needs although I have noticed that all my images are now in HEIC format, so a quick convert to jpeg would be good. I dont need to edit with any great detail either, but I do catalogue them carfeully, creating a new folder for each new project, with sub folders for each property etc within that project. So hierarchies with a folder system work well.

From there, I need to quickly/ simply upload any images I choose to dropbox (ideally in jpeg). I pretty much always do this from my Macbook Pro either on the go or at home.

I know most of what I am saying leads me to Classic but am cuirous as to whether the added cloud based benefits of CC would work well for me in the future. EG, being able to upload directly from the iphone as I shoot is great. And perhaps I could create enough albums on CC as I go? Although the Collections section of Classic could work really well for me here as well?

I would be grateful for any guidance here. I have a huge library and dont want to start going one way, only to have to redo everything the other way later, althoug hmy gut feeling says that as everything is moving more and more cloud based, CC seems the logical choice.

Finally, as a thought, I guess I could create two separate libraries, one in Classic and one in CC to demo each for a month or so, or would this create too many sync issues later?

Many thanks, Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy, I would suggest starting with Lightroom (cloud version) which could meet all your needs especially the automatic cloud sync when shooting from iPhone. Proxies would be automatically available on all devices where the app is installed, including your Macbook Pro. Lightroom can handle HEIC files (provided the phone is set to retain originals and not left set to automatic) so you could import as is and then perhaps export as jpeg to a drobox folder.

Albums are similar to collections and you can place them within containing folders if required.

In addition to any keywords added by yourself you would get the benefit of Adobe’s A.I. and machine learning technology which can recognize subjects automatically.

Lightroom Classic has a few more editing tools and a print engine but from what you say, you probably don’t need those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd agree with Jon, especially if you are on the go a lot as the Cloud Based Lightroom can be accessed using on your MBP plus iPhone and Tablet Lightroom Mobile apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines