• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whole app useless- stuck Syncing Photos, "Unable to connect to network", can't open any other albums

Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a card's worth of photos and videos last night (1300) and left Lightroom to sync overnight. Since I woke up, only a handful of photos ever made it to the cloud (visible on lightroom.adobe.com and on iOS) and the rest still say they are syncing. Lightroom just says "Syncing photos" without displaying a number, and the cloud storage quota bar is blank and says "Unable to connect to network". Right after launching Lightroom, the syncing number shows 1135 for a minute or two then reverts to "Syncing photos". If you click on any album other than the one that was open when you open Lightroom, you get the blue spinning graphic that shows up when Lightroom is thinking really hard, and the album never changes. So basically the entire app is completely useless. The edit controls are even greyed out in the one album I can access. I hope I only need to edit on my phone from now on and also not import or sync anything. 

I have verified in many ways including this forum post that I'm connected to the internet and I've tried on two different networks in completely different buildings. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom twice, once keeping preferences and once clearing them (though it seemed to remember the preferences even though I chose the option to remove them). I tried deleting the photos I'd imported in both Lightroom CC and Lightroom.adobe.com (where they appeared as Sync Issues) and that also had no effect. This is Lightroom v3.0 build 20191017-0835-b386176 according to the About screen, on a Macbook Pro 2015 running macOS Mojave. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support won't contact me back on Twitter which I tried after I waited in their chat for hours for a representative and got no one. I've uninstalled all of Creative Cloud and used Creative Cloud Cleaner to clean every trace of Adobe from my system and once reinstalled, Lightroom remembers all preferences and displays exactly the same behavior as before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. It's persisted for two weeks, and is almost exactly as Colton_Media_Productions described, except that in my case, zero albums appear (see screenshot.) The program is rendered completely useless, as in, I can't use it for anything.

Was this resolved for you, Colton_Media_Productions? Did anyone ever respond?Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.18.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue, oddly enough, resolved itself with no intervention on my part or Adobe's. It just started working again. Now it's synced properly but says "Some Images Invalid" despite all my efforts and Adobe support's efforts there's no sign of which issues are invalid and what that even means.

I've seen the issue you have - no albums, photos, etc. - and every time I see it I just keep quitting and reopening Lightroom until the albums come back. Sadly that's all I have in terms of a solution for you, and I realize it's not much. Adobe support has given me no helpful guidance either, in fact they just repeatedly told me to try the same steps they'd already recommended, all of which were easily found on Google and I'd already tried before I even contacted them. I wish I could be more helpful to you, this is a very frustrating issue indeed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have lightroom classic by the way? but I also recommend that you uninstall lightroom cc and then reinstall it but check first, that you have lightroom classic and if you don't go into your creative cloud app on your computer and if it has an install button click it and download it and add your collection and catalogues to it.

hope you find it helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have lightroom classic but I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom CC, and I even tried uninstalling all Adobe products and using CC Cleaner to wipe away all traces of the programs, none of that helped me but it's worth a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same problem. I also recently installed Mojave. I've tried re-installing LR, moving the target drive for storage, as well as logging in and logging out. Could it be related to some Mojave settings? If so, what could we adjust?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines