• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my files being saved as UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_.jpg?

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm using Lightroom CC (online version). Using the desktop app to edit photos. But my original files DSC_xxxx.jpg are being saved as UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_XXXXX.jpg. Will this effect their quality when printed? They seem to show the edits but not sure about "unadjusted raw" and "thumb"(nail?)...?

I got save to... a file on my desktop. I'm asking for JPG, full size.

Thanks in advance for your help

Best wishes,
Caroline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original files are saved in the cloud. What you are referring to seems to be some thumbnail, not the original image. Are you perhaps trying to use 'Save to' without having an internet connection?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya - thanks for the reply. I am connected to the internet. And go through the obvious "save to"... I just don't get why they're being saved that way. How can I change this? Thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea how to change this, because I have no idea why Lightroom does that. What version of Lightroom are you using and what operating system (Mac or Windows)?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm macOS High Sierra vs. 10.13.6 and Lightroom CC (online vs) 2.0.2

Got adobe representative asking me to give remote access. Struggling with idea of giving full access to my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this old thread (which both Johan and myself were part of), which tends to suggest those files originate from within Apple Photos: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/unadjustednonraw.33200/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shit - I've just found this and you're right. https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/01/25/how-to-export-images-from-photos-original-format/

Please help though as I've spent months uploading these files and editing without knowing this! Have I lost hundreds of hours of work? Is there anyway I can copy the editing I've down onto the original files??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help Feeling a bit despondent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you have been importing thumbnails from Photos rather than originals. I don’t see how you can solve this other than starting again, I‘m afraid.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines