Highlighted

Why can't I batch rename files?

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom off and on for 20 years. I have had to switch from Mac to Windows PC (very much against my will). Well, over here I can't figure out how to rename files. Can't find it anywhere. I want to be able to import photos and have them named something unique like "picnic" and auto-naming them picnic1, picnic2, etc. I am getting conflicting info; nothing is working. I can do this on a Mac in my sleep, but Windows just makes no sense to me. What do I have to do in LIGHTROOM -- not CC -- to import files after assigning unique names to a batch? Please dumb it down as much as possible. Thanks so much.

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why can't I batch rename files?

Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Lightroom off and on for 20 years. I have had to switch from Mac to Windows PC (very much against my will). Well, over here I can't figure out how to rename files. Can't find it anywhere. I want to be able to import photos and have them named something unique like "picnic" and auto-naming them picnic1, picnic2, etc. I am getting conflicting info; nothing is working. I can do this on a Mac in my sleep, but Windows just makes no sense to me. What do I have to do in LIGHTROOM -- not CC -- to import files after assigning unique names to a batch? Please dumb it down as much as possible. Thanks so much.

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming in Lightroom Classic works the same on both WIndows and MacOS, so I'm not sure why you are having a problem. Can you verify the version that you are using please.....Help>System Info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines