• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my photos dissapear from Lightroom after I attempted to locate them?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved a folder on my computer with photos I was editing on Lightroom, so naturally when I went into the program, it was no longer able to locate the photos. I did the usual thing where I clicked on the exclamation point next to the image and followed the prompt to locate it. But once I selected the photo in the new location, instead of locating it like lightroom normally does, the photo and ENTIRE album dissappeared from lightroom. All my changes and edits GONE. I decided to try it with another folder where I had already completed and exported the photos and the same thing happened. I am very frustrated because I do not want to have to go in and reimport all my photos after I spent hours working on them. HELP?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I believe you are using Lightroom Classic, right?

Lightroom Classic does not remove the images from the folder when you try to relocate then, but changes the location from where Lightroom is accessing the images. For example, if you originally had the images on the desktop and now have them on a drive, when you re-locate the images (locate missing images), Lightroom would show all the images in the folder on the drive now (show you the drive and the folder in the folders section of the Library module) instead of the desktop.

Please check the folder structure in the Library module of Lightroom Classic to check if you see the folder you have located the missing files to.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines