• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my drives show up with Asian characters?

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I seeing my removable drives with Asian characters?  This is in Lightroom 2.2.1. Screen grab below. I never set this as a default or alternate character set.

LRCC Asian drive names.jpg

None of my settings in LR are set to anything Asian.

Windows explorer doesn't show anything Asian.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave729,

This is not a typical experience and expected behavior, sorry that the drives are showing up with some Asian characters coupled with them.

Could you please disconnect all the drives, restart your computer, and then reconnect them to see if the issue persists?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot disconnect and reconnect without a major teardown of my desktop PC, because the 5 USB ports shown with the strange characters are rear USB ports built into the motherboard with peripherals plugged in (mouse, keyboard, scanner, etc.).  I did a full power-off and power-on reboot, and the problem is still there.

The computer is a Dell XPS 8700 desktop, i7-4790, 12GB ram, Windows 10 Home 1903, build 18362.86. I have a total of 9 USB ports.. The remaining four which do not appear on the list are built into the front of the case.

If I insert a USB thumb drive into one of the four USB ports on the front of the case, a new drive L: appears.

For comparison to the original screen clip I posted, this clip shows a 128GB USB thumb drive installed in a front port, and displays it in English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the report from Help>> System info menu in Lightroom so that we can check the app components and system specs in detail?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: 2.3 (May 3 2019)

Operating system: Windows 10

OS Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3.5 GHz

Built-in memory: 12239.1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 12239.1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 467.1 MB (3.8%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 601.3 MB

Memory cache size: 587.8 MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.3

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 6119MB (0%)

Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 12239MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 (25.21.14.1917)

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC

Settings Folder: C:\Users\dave7\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing the info. I'd recommend that you reinstall Lightroom desktop from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if that helps.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there instructions available for this? What happens to my image files and database? (I don’t think it’s called a catalog in CC?)

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can reinstall the application from the Creative Cloud desktop app. See Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines