• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do propagation of edits (using sync) take much longer from CC to Classic vs the other direction

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add Lightroom CC to my workflow. I'm a fairly experienced (multi-year) user of Classic, and would like to use CC on my iPad Pro when I'm away from home. I've noticed that adjustment changes propagate very fast from Classic to CC (10 -15 secs), but MUCH longer from CC to Classic (tens of minutes...so long that sometimes I just stop looking for them and they show up at some point).

Is this a known problem? If so, is there a known solution or is this just an issue that Adobe needs to focus on (i.e. a bug).

Thank you very much for your help.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a problem I've encountered, or even seen reported in the forums. One thing that may be part of the problem, however, is the different way that Lightroom Classic syncs its changes to the cloud, compared with the way the cloudy apps do it. Basically, each edit (such as a simple slider movement) that you make to an image in Classic is synced immediately to the cloud....but that's not the case when editing in any of the cloudy apps. They only sync the changes when you move on to a different image, i.e. the edited image is deselected, and the stored edits are then synced.

I don't know how relevant that different behaviour will be to the problem, but it may be useful imformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines