• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my exports say .jpg

Participant ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does my exportsin Lightroom say .jpg?
I just notice this issue, not sure how long it has been showing .jpg instead of .jpeg.
I tried to load it into a program and it would not allow it, I have to do a .png
Is it a short name of is it something I need to change?

Thnaks

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

".jpg" is the most commonly used file extension for "JPEG" files, which Lightroom and probably most other image-editing programs typically use when creating such files. Lightroom will recognise files with the extension ".jpeg", though its export process will always create the ouput file with the ".jpg" extension. Same goes for "TIFF" files, the usual extension would be ".tif".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to change anything. Both extensions can be used and I don't think there is any application that would not recognise the .jpg extension for JPEG files.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines