• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why i cant organize presets in folders in Lightroom CC???

Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why i cant organize presets in folders in Lightroom CC???

I have over 500 presets and i need folders to find relevant preset in Lightroom CC, but i cant because it doesnt allow to create folder in presets panel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

You can now Sync and Manage Presets and Profiles in the latest release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new.html#lightroom-cc-1-4-june-2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can now Sync and Manage Presets and Profiles in the latest release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new.html#lightroom-cc-1-4-june-2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't feel this is the correct answer. The user wants to create various folders to organize the presets into. Lightroom currently doesn't give you that option. Yes, you can uncheck preexisting folders but it doesn't give you the option to create new folders with titles you assign and then allow you to move presets into newly generated folder.

I recently updated and now have various Installed presets mixed in with my User Presets. I wan't to keep them seperate/organize them in various folders. Please let me know if I can do that currently or if this is something Lightroom is currently unable to do. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new group when creating a new preset, and you can right-click on any existing user preset and move it to a different group (and create a new group).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to drag presets from one group to another - you can't do that with several of their set folders.  Also I want to be able to rearrange the folders... I have folders with 1 in front of them but they still show up below the pre-existing folders.  I get I can hide those, but I want to be able to rearrange them.    Am I missing something or is that functionality still gone?  It was there before a couple of releases ago when these pre-existing folders showed up ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complete pain in the ass process since I have 1400 presets? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, let's bump this thread. With more than 2500 presets I seriously have to right click every single preset one at the time and move to a group? It's things like this that makes you wonder what the hell I pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a really basic feature...to be able to organise presets. Can't fathom why Adobe only allow you to do it one at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are 2 years later and we still cannot organize our presets into our own folders. Thanks adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Sorry I am 6 years late discovering this thread.  We have struggled with this exact "Presets Folder & Subfolder Hierarchy" glitch forever.  Hoping I can get an update from this thread if and when this functionality gets restored or implemented.  Frustrated,  JP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines