Highlighted

Why i cant organize presets in folders in Lightroom CC???

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 500 presets and i need folders to find relevant preset in Lightroom CC, but i cant because it doesnt allow to create folder in presets panel

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

You can now Sync and Manage Presets and Profiles in the latest release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new.html#lightroom-cc-1-4-june-2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 500 presets and i need folders to find relevant preset in Lightroom CC, but i cant because it doesnt allow to create folder in presets panel

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by selondon | Adobe Community Professional

You can now Sync and Manage Presets and Profiles in the latest release: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/whats-new.html#lightroom-cc-1-4-june-2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 18, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't feel this is the correct answer. The user wants to create various folders to organize the presets into. Lightroom currently doesn't give you that option. Yes, you can uncheck preexisting folders but it doesn't give you the option to create new folders with titles you assign and then allow you to move presets into newly generated folder.

I recently updated and now have various Installed presets mixed in with my User Presets. I wan't to keep them seperate/organize them in various folders. Please let me know if I can do that currently or if this is something Lightroom is currently unable to do. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 25, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a new group when creating a new preset, and you can right-click on any existing user preset and move it to a different group (and create a new group).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to drag presets from one group to another - you can't do that with several of their set folders.  Also I want to be able to rearrange the folders... I have folders with 1 in front of them but they still show up below the pre-existing folders.  I get I can hide those, but I want to be able to rearrange them.    Am I missing something or is that functionality still gone?  It was there before a couple of releases ago when these pre-existing folders showed up ...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2018 1
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complete pain in the ass process since I have 1400 presets? Seriously, this is ridiculous.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, let's bump this thread. With more than 2500 presets I seriously have to right click every single preset one at the time and move to a group? It's things like this that makes you wonder what the hell I pay for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a really basic feature...to be able to organise presets. Can't fathom why Adobe only allow you to do it one at a time?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2020 0