• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why image becomes darker and too much contrast when exporting to jpeg

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RAW and made some edits in lightroom cc and ready to export. When I export to jpeg, the lightroom preview will show a darker and sharper image. This is despite what color space I use. In the export window I can choose different color space, even if I choose Adobe RGB, the image doesn't change much, still dark and too sharpe. However if I choose to export to DNG the color and sharpness look okay (it looks the same as my edits on the raw). Why is it and how can I prevent this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed the same thing. Until I find out how to export correctly on OSX/Windows, I export to jpg through a tablet, since those exports looks similar to the raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to export on iPad and in Windows, and send the jpeg to the Mac. They also look like the edit in Lightroom, so there is something the Mac version does in the export, and doesn´t seem to be some screen settings I hear as a cause in so many places.

Is this also the case for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of how it look when I export on Macbook. I don´t know much about color profiles, but if that affects the export itself, and not the look of the jpeg (since it looks the same when exported on iPad or in Windows), I will look into that this weekend.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.59.13.pngScreenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.59.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have windows or ipad to compare. But the two images in your comments look different to me. The one on the left lookd darker than the one on the right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bright is the RAW file on Macbook, but the ones exported on iPad and Windows look almost identical. The darker one is the one exported to jpeg from Macbook. If this is a calibration issue, I don´t know why it only happens in Lightroom, since other applications I have tried does not alter change the image noticably when exporting to jpeg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update this thread if you find a solution. I have called Adobe, but that was not so very helpful. And called Apple House, which said this sounds like some exporting setting within Lightroom and not related to the MacBoo itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to export the images through the web app on the Mac. That seems to work.

https://lightroom.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!! Web version works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically everything except desktop on Macbook Air works. Which makes me believe there are some settings in the app somewhere that makes these changes.

It works, but I am not sure if I see that as a solution enough to keep the subscription after trial, and I think this is my last day of trial as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines