• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is LR CC more basic than the mobile app?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I began subscribing to LR and PH CC a few weeks back (using with windows 10).

Today, when using the mobile app (on iphone 11), I realized how many more options are available.

This blew my mind.. why would the version that I do all my important editing on, be so much less inclusive than the app?

Am I better off to buy classic? This just seems stupid an rather unbeleivable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit puzzled. Which options are available in the mobile app which are not available in Lightroom desktop?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can actually print from the mobile app or directly share to instagram and many other social services or directly send an image in a text or email. None of that is possible in the Desktop version of Lightroom. Especially intriguing is that Lightroom mobile actually is able to print! Of course Classic is way more full featured than either Lightroom Cloudy Desktop or Lightroom on mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, in the desktop version, you can slide the Vignette left or right.. that's all.

in the mobile app, below that slider are options for Midpoint, Roundness, Feather and Highlight, all to further adjust your vignette.

this is just one example, there are others with severe limitations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those options are present in the desktop version. Just click the tiny triangle to the right of the amount slider!

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 9.49.15 AM.png

All of the develop settings are certainly present in the desktop version. Onluy real differences between the desktop and mobile versions are how they interact with the outside world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Jao said, there is no difference between Lightroom desktop and Lightroom mobile when it comes to Develop options. If you think you see a difference like the one you pointed out, then it is probably because you do not really know Lightroom desktop well enough.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the mobile app is not able to print. It is only able to share. But iOS (not sure about Android) adds printing to its sharing options and so the mobile app can indeed print indirectly. It's true that the mobile app has some sharing options that Lightroom desktop doesn't have, but the opposite it also true. You can make a photo book at Blurb from Lightroom desktop, but not from Lightroom mobile, for example. Lightroom desktop also has a few other features that the mobile app does not have, such as importing presets and profiles and stacks.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course to the user it doesn't matter that the mobile app can print because it uses a share sheet to do it. The functionality is there and works just fine. There is no print at all in the Desktop app except if you count exporting to a jpeg and then printing that jpeg from another application. I'd guess that almost no user of Lightroom Cloudy cares about blurb books but they do care about instagram, facebook, twitter, etc. All trivial to share to from the mobile Lightroom but nigh impossible from the Desktop. Of course this all happens because of limitations that the developers of instagram, twitter, facebook, etc. put on their apps (no easy posting from desktop operating systems is done on purpose, especially by instagram/facebook) and is not really the fault of Adobe but the point is that users of Lightroom Cloudy will perceive that the mobile apps are more full featured than the desktop version by a lot even though that is not due to Adobe. The only difference you can really fault Adobe with I guess is the absence of any print functionality (even if just to dump a jpeg into a print job) in the desktop version but yeah that is not really the target audience for Lightroom Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines