• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is there no airbrush tool or healing brush in Lightroom Mobile?

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is here no airbrush tool or healing brush tool in Lightroom mobile??  This is a photo editing tool yes?  Am I the only wedding and portrait photographer that uses this thing?  Or did this get released before its ready?  Every other photo editing app out there has a basic editing tools like this, yet this power house of a program does not?  It’s solution is to export the file into photoshop fix, which btw has no airbrush.  So yes not we can spot heal, but now once saved goes back into the Lightroom library as unflagged or unfavorited from its original file?

So if a cull through an album of 500 photos down to my favorite 100 for the client, I now have the best those flagged or 5 starred to sort by that variable.  So I go though and find some photos that need fixing up, export out to photoshop fix, and save back to Lightroom.  It should just pop up on the screen in lightroom now and I can continue on my way editing the next file.  But no, I have to unsort flagged photos, scroll though the 500 photos to find the one again, flag it, and unflag the ’bad’ version next to it, then soft again by flagged or 5 stars and then move on.  Wow all of that extra work for what?

On a positive note, Lightroom for mobile is pretty cool And I like it a lot.  Aside from some buggy crashing issues, and such its great.   But seroiusly it feels like no one even beta tested this thing, or at least those people were definitely not professional wedding and family portrait photogs.

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though the 15 limit is weird, it's hard to see why you might imagine LR Mobile is designed for volume work. Lightroom "Classic" is, and don't professionals tend to use the tool that's most suitable for the job?

There is an "airbrush" tool - look in the Selective editing tools. I agree it's surprising that there still isn't a healing brush, though that's probably less of a weakness for advanced users than Mobile's failure to sync keywords or location data with Lightroom "Classic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because the iPad Pro 2017 benchmarks faster than most PC computers, most MacBook pros and iMac desktop computers before 2016 as well?   Imagine that?  It fast as shit and more than enough capable.  So where you at Adobe? 

So then now knowing this, please ask me again why do I want to simply edit a a bunch of photos from a photo shoot in Lightroom Mobile, a designated on the go solution for photographers?   Maybe Im missing something but this program is mirroring its alread existing desktop program that I pay for, in a night tidy neat package.   Hmm...maybe you’re right I should probably start looking for better alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember this is a user-to-user forum. Maybe Adobe will read your thoughts, but don't bet on it - they will do so at the feedback page​.

LR Mobile isn't designed for volume work. Most people also know that a touch interface isn't as good as as a laptop or desktop for volume work, and laptops are portable. Right tool for the job.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, gonna have to post these gripes on the other forum page then. 

What im asking of lightroom isn’t necessarily a volume issue.  It’s simply does not have this capability for 1 photo or 1000.   And I appreciate your ‘right tool for the job‘ approach but the whole reason I got the iPad Pro was because it’s totally capable...and Adobe should be too.

As for volume work, I’m sick and tired of being stuck in a chair to edit photos, using a mouse and keyboard the whole time.  I think the touch interface is great, love editing photos with it.  And using a pen stylus is a really nice feature too!!!   The attractive thing about the iPad Pro is the mobility, and speed, gorgeous display and touch based interface!   Everything you need to enjoy editing photos again...except for adobe dropping the ball. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure the iPad Pro is a pleasure to use, even if Steve Jobs is turning in his grave at the idea of a stylus. But that still doesn't mean that LrMobile is designed for volume work or that you're using the right tool for the job. The lack of any batch editing in LrMobile is much more relevant than some deficiencies in portrait retouching, which apply equally to editing individual photos, and the uploading of raw files should be another big clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again the tools in question, airbrush and healing tool are not available, that is not a batch or volume editing issue. I guess I will have to use google snapspeed, or any number of other photo editing tools because photoshop fix and Lightroom ain’t cutting it.  gonna have to jump ship I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Because the iPad Pro 2017 benchmarks faster than most PC computers"
Sure; and earth is flat and Santa is real. Where do you people come from !? Any mid-tier CPU paired with mid-tier GPU will surpass iPad easily in benchmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just checked what you said and it’s a selective brush tool not an air brush.  Try using that to fix people’s skin tones quickly, or bruises, or dirt, or fat folds.  So I just do this in another photo editing app on my iPad Pro.....because you know I guess other companies have a real solution for this, not Lightroom or “photoshop fix” lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be surprised how much you can achieve with the selective brush, but it's not as flexible in LrMobile as it is in real Lightroom. If you need an "airbrush" as you define it, try Photoshop on a proper computer. Right tool for the job....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems with airbrush for lightroom desktop, it doesn’t exist.  You have to export into photoshop, save as a giant .tiff file, then bring back into Lightroom and flag and unflagging both versions so you have the file in your favorites again as edited.  So many unnecessary steps.  So retarded.  Just copy-paste your airbrush code into Lightroom already Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not retarded, just not specific to what you want to do. Next you'll be complaining that LrMobile lacks some face-aware transformation tools like one finds in Photoshop's Liquify or in apps like Portrait Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines