Highlighted

Why Lightroom does not align panos properly

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering why when I stitch 3-4 images together in Lightroom there is either slight misalignment or the image is just soft after output when viewed at 100 percent.  The individual images are sharp until stitched.  Same in PS except....if in Photoshop I do a file-automate-select-merge the pano comes out sharp as the originals but does not create a DNG. The work-around is that I have to modify the raw files first, then pull them into PS and product the pano, then do it again if I want to layer exposures.  That's a waste of time, but it produces sharp panos.

Any thoughts, tips, tricks, settings, etc?  I will say that my system is slow as these are stitching together Nikon D850 files.  

3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

Regards,

Joe

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why Lightroom does not align panos properly

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering why when I stitch 3-4 images together in Lightroom there is either slight misalignment or the image is just soft after output when viewed at 100 percent.  The individual images are sharp until stitched.  Same in PS except....if in Photoshop I do a file-automate-select-merge the pano comes out sharp as the originals but does not create a DNG. The work-around is that I have to modify the raw files first, then pull them into PS and product the pano, then do it again if I want to layer exposures.  That's a waste of time, but it produces sharp panos.

Any thoughts, tips, tricks, settings, etc?  I will say that my system is slow as these are stitching together Nikon D850 files.  

3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2 GB

Regards,

Joe

TOPICS
Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 29, 2019 0
Jao vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are waiting long enough? If you stitch images from a D850, you are going to get massive files. They will take a long time to load and to display. You will see them gradually sharpen when it is loading the image and the last step can take a long time if the image is very large. It should be faster in Develop to sharpen at 1:1 than in the Library view. 

I haven't seen any loss in sharpness after stitching myself in images from a Z7 which is the same resolution as yours.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0