• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why no Exif data? Will there be a pro version of LR CC?

Contributor ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love using Lr on my ipad, but today i synced 200 photos from the Cloud to my PC desktop version. 

Syncing has finished and all up to date. 

None of the images have any Exif data, not even copyright data. All have this on my iPad and iPhone. 

Only reason i wanted to us LR CC was to merge some .cr3 files sets (3 in each set) in to HDR's. Of course even that task is beyond LR CC. Stupid random error messages, sometimes no error messages. All this is simple stuff. Nothing is out of spec with the images, it all worked fine a few weeks ago with similar images. Same camera, same camera settings for bracketing, same PC, probably a newer verison of CC if there was one. All my Adobe stuff is up to date. 

Cant beleive the state of this program these days. I'm hoping there will be a pro verison, that does what its supposed to, when its asked to, and doesn't take hours of configuration and Google searching every time i use it. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just my opinion. But I think the version of Lightroom that "does what it is supposed to" is Lightroom Classic. This is especially true when you are stepping outside the realm of "normal" tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it's LR mobile on my ipad. Never gives me any issues. Only reason i wanted to use CC was for HDR.

Last night i also had 197 images that wouldnt sync. These were images with 'errors' apparently. Thing is, they have been Synced and backed up already, at least a year or so ago. I have the originals, and can see and edit them on my ipad. 

What a mess. The one big thing CC was designed for and it cant do it. And its still crashing my graphics driver so all my menus are transparent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What metadata are you talking about and what version of Lightroom on the PC are you using? Lightroom desktop does not show a lot of metadata, but copyright is something that it does show (click on the 'i' icon in the lower right corner). The rest of the metadata do not get lost, they just don't show. Lightroom Classic will show much more.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know where to find the info, but its not showing anything at all. Thats why i posted. To be clear i wasnt looking for full Exif, just the basics. 

Most of my existing images show camera shooting data (model, f stop, iso, file type etc). None of this is showing for the new files. All files are synced and all this data is showing on ipad and any JPG's i export from it. 

As ive already said, everything is up to date, but that shouldn't matter as this is basic stuff thats been there from the first version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines