Highlighted

Will add photos create duplicates or is it intelligent enough to prevent that?

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use OneDrive and Office 365 to backup photos from my mobile devices. It pulls all the photos into a directory that I then have access to on PC. If I import that directory is Lightroom (2.3) intelligent enough to not re-import all the files already imported?

Is there a way to set Lightroom to watch that directory and just import new files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will add photos create duplicates or is it intelligent enough to prevent that?

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use OneDrive and Office 365 to backup photos from my mobile devices. It pulls all the photos into a directory that I then have access to on PC. If I import that directory is Lightroom (2.3) intelligent enough to not re-import all the files already imported?

Is there a way to set Lightroom to watch that directory and just import new files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is a cloud service. There is no sync between other cloud services unless you set up duplication e.g. download everything into another share folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said all the files are synchronized from OneDrive to a directory on my PC. I am then doing add photos and pointing to that folder. Since I posted this I found that it auto detects that it has already imported and doesn't duplicate so at least that is good. Only problem is I have to manually exclude videos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0