• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will lightroom cc ever get the option to make color adjustments with the brush/gradient tools?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the title. I'm using the free trial of lightroom cc, and I really enjoy it, I love almost everything about it, except for missing some options and complexity. The one I miss the most is being able to make the HSL adjustments by color in the brush/gradient tool. Is there any info on whether this will be added?

It is kinda deciding on my decision if I want to get the subscription or not.

Thanks for the answer and sorry if bad english, not first language.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this feature as well. Everything will be shiny and new at Adobe Max next week - so stay tuned for the update. And, I have no idea if this has been added or not.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only people who know what changes are coming are under nondisclosure agreements, and cannot tell. The rest of us just have to wait for the new releases and find out like everyone else. There are no sneak previews, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Lightroom-Classic v9.4 and Lightroom-Desktop v3.4  now do have a HUE adjustment panel for Brush and Gradients.

So effectively HSL is available for Local adjustments.

Screen-clip is from Lr-Desktop v3.4

ScreenShot032.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, but it's not what I meant. I meant the HSL adjustments by color, where you can for example reduce blue saturation over the image. I would love to do this in the gradient/brush tool, so I could make the sky or water stand out, without affecting the rest of the image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Gradient tool active: (same for Brush)

Hue, Saturation, Luminance (Exposure)

ScreenShot041.jpgScreenShot040.jpg

So what is it you are missing?

Or am I totally mis-understanding?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the existing tools are not quite the same. I want all the features in the adjustment brush. Photoshop is your friend here... I'm trying really hard to learn to do everything I need in LR. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to wait till Range Mask is implemented in Lightroom desktop and Mobile. With Range Mask you can limit the mask of the local adjustment to one color, and so make the new Hue slider act on only a single color.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines