• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will removing a photo from Lightroom CC remove it from my Lightroom Classic catalog?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This probably sounds like a silly question but I just want to clarify something before I go deleting photos...

I have my cloud-based Lightroom CC synced to my local Classic catalog, and I know I will have to remove some photos eventually when I run out of space in CC. However, I'm wanting to keep the photos in the local Lightroom Classic catalog but also remove them from the cloud. Is this possible? I've noticed when importing photos via Classic that they don't sync to the cloud until I add them to a CC collection. In this sense, if I delete the photo from CC it should still stay in my local Classic catalog, just not in a collection from CC... right?!

Hope someone can help me get my head around this!

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Yes, your assumption is correct. If you delete a synced file from Lightroom, it will be "unsynced" in Lightroom Classic but would remain in the catalog. If the file was in a synced collection in Classic, it would be automatically removed from it when it is unsynced (as by definition a synced collection cannot contain unsynced images).

You can achieve the same effect if you remove an image from the All Synced Photographs in Classic....that will cause the image to be deleted from the cloud and rem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, your assumption is correct. If you delete a synced file from Lightroom, it will be "unsynced" in Lightroom Classic but would remain in the catalog. If the file was in a synced collection in Classic, it would be automatically removed from it when it is unsynced (as by definition a synced collection cannot contain unsynced images).

You can achieve the same effect if you remove an image from the All Synced Photographs in Classic....that will cause the image to be deleted from the cloud and removed from any synced collection in Classic. Doing it that way is usually regarded as the safest way to manage your cloud storage....deleting from the cloud could cause the loss of the image if it's done before it's synced down into Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines