• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows ->

Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i want to move my photos from Lightroom CC on my Windows Notebook to an iMac. Should be possible via the Creative Cloud, but its absolutely slow. Takes about 1 hour and not even one photo is moved to the cloud. Is there any way to move the files via an external hard drive?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to Lightroom Classic or Lightroom for the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m refering to Lightroom for the cloud. I only installed that version without having a clou what it really means. Worked pretty good for me until i wanted to move my photos from windows to mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the way this version of Lightroom works. Your images are supposed to be in the cloud. If you choose to install the mobile version of Lightroom on your smart phone or iPad or other mobile devices and login with the same Adobe ID and password you can see the same images on those devices and edit them and share them on social media, etc. That is the whole idea behind this version of Lightroom.

If you want your images on your local hard drive and management using a local catalog then you should be using Lightroom Classic. That is what I use primarily. I'm not familiar enough with the process of moving images FROM Lightroom to Lightroom Classic to properly advise you on the procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, guess i understood that now. Was my fault not using lightroom classic on my notebook from the beginning. Hoped that someone had similiar issues and could solve them. 
I think i will just wait for the photos to be uploaded in the cloud. Might take some time i guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yeah. after syncing all my photos with the cloud they are all gone. no editings and no keywords were safed. all i have now are the raw files. adobe support could not help me neither. guess its time to look for alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines