• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workflow Problems

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know if this is an issue with Lightroom, or with my hard drive, but I want to explain it all out here and hope someone smarter than me has the answer:

I have an iPad Pro and a WD MyPassport Wireless Pro. I go through the process of uploading my photos from the drive into Lightroom on my iPad and select all... in this case over 2,500 and the most I’ve been able to get to load is around 600.. I‘ve tried to do a smaller upload (100) and it only did 67... does this sound like a problem other people have had? I recently bought a cord with a usb at both ends to load it directly into my iMac and it did.... absolutely nothing. I’m at a loss.

Thanks anyone with any insight.

Message was edited by: Buck Sommerkamp [moved to Lightroom forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go through the process of uploading my photos from the drive into Lightroom on my iPad and select all

You're uploading from local hard drive to the Cloud (using which software?) then viewing with Lightroom Mobile on iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m looking at my photos on the My Passport wireless pro through their mycloud app, and then trying to copy everything into my lightroom cc library through the cloud and it doesn’t transfer everything I’ve selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I’m trying to do this on my iPad Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to establish if this is an issue with Lightroom (Cloud) or Lightroom Mobile on iPad.

I see your post has been moved from the Cloud forum to the Lightroom (Cloud) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I understand it, Lightroom on an iPad can only import directly from the device, meaning the photos first have to copy from the remote drive to the iPad before they get uploaded to Lightroom. This is probably happening in the background without you realizing it. It’s possible you don’t have enough storage space on your iPad and that’s why only a portion of the photos are getting imported. Or maybe the file transfer from the Passport drive to the iPad can’t keep up with the Lightroom import. I suggest copying a batch of photos to the iPad first and then uploading to Lightroom from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines