Highlighted

Wrong search result counts

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing something quite odd which is clearly a bug.

I have an album of about 3000 images. I'll use round numbers for simplicity. I'm entering a search with parameter <album name> so that it finds photos within this album only, and then something like NIK_*.JPG so that it finds only the photos taken with my Nikon and in JPEG format, which is good enough for my purpose. The amazing thing is that the search result gives me exactly 1000 results (with 2000 filtered), and the default sort order is relevancy. When I change the sort order to capture date, it randomly shows 1100 or 1200 or 1300 search results (this is always in round numbers). And it keeps showing me different numbers of results when I reverse the sort order. It's always changing. The correct number should be around 1400, by the way. Something similar happens when I change the search parameter to D200, which is the camera name.

It'd be pretty funny if I wasn't trying to do real work. Restarting the app didn't help. And there's no current sync activity going on which should affect the results. And yes, different images are showing in the results; it's not just the final number tally that's wrong.

Views

51

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Wrong search result counts

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm noticing something quite odd which is clearly a bug.

I have an album of about 3000 images. I'll use round numbers for simplicity. I'm entering a search with parameter <album name> so that it finds photos within this album only, and then something like NIK_*.JPG so that it finds only the photos taken with my Nikon and in JPEG format, which is good enough for my purpose. The amazing thing is that the search result gives me exactly 1000 results (with 2000 filtered), and the default sort order is relevancy. When I change the sort order to capture date, it randomly shows 1100 or 1200 or 1300 search results (this is always in round numbers). And it keeps showing me different numbers of results when I reverse the sort order. It's always changing. The correct number should be around 1400, by the way. Something similar happens when I change the search parameter to D200, which is the camera name.

It'd be pretty funny if I wasn't trying to do real work. Restarting the app didn't help. And there's no current sync activity going on which should affect the results. And yes, different images are showing in the results; it's not just the final number tally that's wrong.

Views

52

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC uses artificial intelligence for searches. I wonder if this has something to do with what you are experiencing.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...