Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

xmp files local copy in lightroom CC/mobile/non desktop

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help

I made the fatal error of thinking using lightroom CC/mobile/non desktop (or whatever confusing name we are calling it today) would work in a similar way to the desktop app (understandably, logically), but unfortantly it doesn't suit my needs as it is very inflexable working with files subsiquently edited in photoshop - it makes multiple copies of every file every time I make a subtle edit. On a 1gb layered tiff and just eats my 20gb storage and I have no idea which of the multiple files is my final edit...

So, I want to go back to classic to edit my files. Unfortunatly I'm not going to be back at my main workstation with my desktop library for another couple of weeks, so I need to "extract" the Raw photos I've added and edited through CC/mobile/non destop WITH the side car XMP files from the lightroom cc/mobile/non desktop ecosystem.

Then, I can re-create my folder in classic and have access to the files I've already edited. However when I set a folder location to store local files it doesn't save the xmps and when I open in photoshop non of my camera raw/edits or changes done in lightroom CC/mobile/non desktop are there in photoshop.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eport the images as 'Original + Settings'. That will export the originals with an XMP file for proprietary raw files, and originals with embedded metadata for other file types.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines