• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You would think this would be easy...

Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long term user of Lightroom Classic and today I am trying to review Lightroom (CC) and Lightroom for web to see if either have anything useful to add to my workflow.

The problem: everywhere including in this very forum I see Adobe and pretty much everyone else referring to a product called Lightroom CC.... yet when I look for this on my system I can only find Lightroom Classic and Lightroom.

When I open 'Lightroom' and look at the about page it says it is called 'Lightroom' not 'Lightroom CC'

My question: is the 'Lightroom' program/app that I am seeing actually what everyone including Adobe seems to be referring to as 'Lightroom CC'?  If not, where do I find Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

The thing with the turquoise icon with rounded corners - that is what Adobe now call "Lightroom", and what they previously called "Lightroom CC", and what some people call "Lightroom Cloudy". It is the newer cloud-dependent application that has similar features to Lightroom iOS, Lr Android, lrWeb. It may be useful if you want to access photos on a second computer, just like you might access photos synced from Lightroom Classic on your phone or tablet.

Real Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing with the turquoise icon with rounded corners - that is what Adobe now call "Lightroom", and what they previously called "Lightroom CC", and what some people call "Lightroom Cloudy". It is the newer cloud-dependent application that has similar features to Lightroom iOS, Lr Android, lrWeb. It may be useful if you want to access photos on a second computer, just like you might access photos synced from Lightroom Classic on your phone or tablet.

Real Lightroom is called Lightroom Classic and has a blue icon with square corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for clearing that up for me... is this a recent change then... is that why I see so many references to Lightroom CC all over the Adobe site, they just haven't got around to changing the webpages yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, in the last 2-3 months. They have changed some stuff - they dropped the CC from this forum's URL before the change. for example - but their own pages are inconsistent. I'm not sure anyone knows which is which anymore!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines