Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AMS 5 Professional force auth with WireCast

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Adobe AMS 5 Professional on Centos 5.8 64 bit

Where/how do you force password authentication using WireCast?

What files do you edit, this is only for 'live streams' only that require a username-password.

Can someone please help me out.

I will have 3 virtual domains on the server, migrating from FMS 4 Interactive Server

When I have created the virtual host in:

/opt/adobe/ams/conf/_defaultRoot_

mysite.mydomain1.com

mysite.mydomain2.com

mysite.mydomain3.com

I create these files in each domain:

Application.xml   Vhost.xml  directories - live and vod

in live: allowedHTMLdomains.txt  allowedSWFdomains.txt  Application.xml  main.far  readme.txt

in vod: allowedHTMLdomains.txt  allowedSWFdomains.txt  Application.xml  main.far  media  readme.txt

Where/how do you force user authentication for WireCast at?

Is there a basic action script I can use or someone can direct me to - where to place it - in what file?

I have read about the main.acs file, however these are the only 2 locations the main.asc is located at:

/opt/adobe/fms/applications/livepkgr/main.asc

/opt/adobe/fms/applications/multicast/main.asc

There is a sample file in: /opt/adobe/fms/samples/applications/live/main.asc

however when I place the main.asc in my directory with the virtual hosted sites it does not appear to work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever set this up or is there anyone at Adobe support that would be able to assist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support can you please shed some light on how to accomplish this task?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are basically asking for authentication at publish time - right? I don't have sample code with me but you can write Access Plug-in which can intercept the connection, have some authentication done and then allow the connection - you can check docs here : http://help.adobe.com/en_US/adobemediaserver/devguide/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a0d662434-7fedPlugi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can this be done via swf verification?

Is there a way you can post some code that I could tweak for our server, the Adobe Auth-Plugin is installed on the server. However the big security hole is the the fact WireCast and connect and stream live content without any security mechanisms.

Any further assistance would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone at Adobe know where/what files to edit for this to happen, I am working with another person trying to make this happen and need some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines