Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMS 5.0.6 New Installation Login Issues

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have recently installed the trial version of AMS 5.0.6 on a Windows 2008 R2 64-bit. I cannot log in at all.

I tired the username and Password I had given at the time if installation and also tired the usernames once I made the changes to the Users.xml.It keeps telling me that the login attempt failed and to verify the log in details.

I am trying to log into admin console from the server I have installed the AMS on. I have tried all combinations of usernames and passwords and server IP addresses including localhost.

My Users.xml looks like this.

<UserList>

<User name="${SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME}">

<!-- Salted Password Hash for this vhost administrator. -->

<!Password>027d99c9daece9d189dc5856fe40b470857230b6228891dc8a38d486f0217e0c1260d5256e232f6d</Password>

<Password encrypt="false">Pass12345</Password>

<Allow></Allow>

<Deny></Deny>

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

<User name="Faraz">

<Password encrypt="false">Pass12345</Password>

<Allow></Allow>

<Deny></Deny>

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

</User>

</User>

</UserList>

<AdminServer>

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

You can reset the password

1.  Choose the username, which you already have- 'newadmin'

2.  Make sure FMSAdmin is NOT already running. Stop it if it is.

3.  Assuming you have installed a vanilla FMS on Linux, issue the following command from the shell

/opt/adobe/fms/fmsadmin –console –user newadmin

This will prompt you for a password. Make sure the password is minimum 8 characters. Command is same on Windows replace path as necessary.

4.  Now go to Users.xml and check under the password tag. You should see the Salted Hash of your password placed there.

5.  Now start your admin server. It should start without any hiccups and you can connect through the admin console.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A firewall may n ot be allowing you to connect to Admin server....Turn off firewall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2014 Dec 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys for the responses.

I had to un-install and re-install. I had not mentioned an IP address at the time of installation (I assumed it will take it automatically as it mentions). I re-installed with entering the local IP address of the Server and that seemed to have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines