• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not connect from other computer

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not access the media on the server. I am running CentOS 7 with the latest Media Starter Server. What I am able to do is access the admin console, and stream on the adobe local host page and even place a player code to a video file into a Weebly web page and it play on the server computer. But once I try to do that from another computer, in or out of the network, it does not connect. The odd thing is that the admin console will show an attempted connection when I do that. Port tester shows all ports are success. I am not sure what to check at this point. Can anyone give me some ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

No rtmp always runs on 1935 and there is no fall back on 80...However you can configure rtmp to run on any port other than 1935, which however is not recommended. If 80 is the only port then instead of rtmp you can try using rtmpt(i.e rtmp tunneled over http) which runs on 80, since underlying http runs on 80.

I am pretty confident that the issue is your network setup and ports/IPs  being blocked.IMHO, It has nothing to do with AMS setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add appropriate crossdomain.xml to webroot folder.

A sample crossdomain.xml looks like as below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- http://www.adobe.com/crossdomain.xml -->

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*" />

</cross-domain-policy>

Please modify it suitably as per your security guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that this might have helped but it did not. The file was not in existence. I reinstalled Adobe media server and the Apache folder showed up this time. but there was no webroot folder under Apache2.2. The hppd.conf file only showed ::webroot. There is a webroot folder in the directory that also contains Apache2.2. Just to make sure I took the crossdomain file from the download zip file, make it a least restrictive as possible, and placed it in the existing webroot folder and also added a webroot folder under Apache2.2 with a copy in it. I restarted and rebooted a couple of times.

This appears to have made no difference as it acting the same as it was doing before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i was referring to the webroot directory inside AMS installation folder i.e /opt/adobe/ams/webroot.

Did you try with turn off the firewall on your centos e.g service iptables stop and service ip6tables stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no good. I ended up reinstalling CentOS 7 and AMS 5 up to 5.6. I made the crossdomain least restrictive, turned off the fire walld, also before I added the ports to it. Found where to put my ip address that is represented to the public, since I am behind a NAT. Yet it still acts just the same as before.

I can from the server access the admin console and play a weebly website embedded video.

I can from another computer in my house play the weebly video.

I can not from any computer outside my house play the weebly video.

I bought one static Ip address from Charter business which is assigned to my router/modem. I have a router/modem generated static Ip address for my computer. The file I am trying to play has the generated Ip in the url. The description from weebly about the error I am getting says that the rtmp is either wrong or that the ports are being blocked. I contacted Charter and the modem is port forwared with the needed ports. I ran a port tester from outside the network and it showed only port 80 as being open. The netstate -tuplen shows 1935 being listened on by ams and http.  All I can assume is I am missing something in some config file somewhere. I don't know what to check next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2014 Sep 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As did the port tester tell you, you only have 80 open...If you want to play rtmp you need 1935 and in you need admin console you additionally need 1111.

You ideally should have following ports made available through your service provider.

Type

Protocol

Port Range

Source

SSH

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

HTTP

TCP

80, 8134

0.0.0.0/0

Custom TCP Rule

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom TCP Rule

TCP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom UDP Rule

UDP

0.0.0.0/0

Custom UDP Rule

UDP

19350 - 19360

0.0.0.0/0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have them open the ports listed and they also forwared them to the server's ip address. I think the default for 1111 on ams is block. I can access the admin from the server but not from outside the network. I have not tried on another computer within the network. I thought that 1935 should show open and that is why I called Charter and they told me the open and forwarded status. From what I read the rtmp tries to run on 1935 then falls back to 80. If you would like to see certain files I can copy them tomorrow if you tell me which ones you need to see. I am not sure what is meant by Custom tcp/udp rule listed above. Unfortunately I don't have direct access to the modem/router configuration, something I am not really happy about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No rtmp always runs on 1935 and there is no fall back on 80...However you can configure rtmp to run on any port other than 1935, which however is not recommended. If 80 is the only port then instead of rtmp you can try using rtmpt(i.e rtmp tunneled over http) which runs on 80, since underlying http runs on 80.

I am pretty confident that the issue is your network setup and ports/IPs  being blocked.IMHO, It has nothing to do with AMS setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spoke with someone who is very familiar with Adobe and IT and they could not see why the videos would not play. With the verification from them and from Charter tech, All ports are open, crossdomain is set at least restrictive. I tried different formats, and of course I rebooted a number of times, including reinstalling the software a couple of times. This is the same problem I was having with the ATT 2wire-Uverse service. What the tech guy said was that he thinks its the modem not being able to support the type of service. Both the ATT and Charter modems use NATs. Adobe does have a guidline for NATs, which I adjusted, but it did not make any difference. I have had one person say they had service issues related to Charter vs. a different company due to platform. I don't have a standard broadband option outside of Charter. At this point the project is dead since I have no options to pursue. If you know of anyone or any company that streams videos in Alabama I would really like to talk to them. I will mark your last comment as the correct answer.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines