• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot get AMS5 to multicast a stream from a Vbrick 9000 encoder

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vbrick 9000 series encoder transmitting an RTMP stream to Adobe Media Server 5's multicast service.  It appears that AMS5 starts the multicast but then stops the multicast.   The AMS tool Multicastplayer just says "Waiting for Video..."

How do I configure the 9000 encoder and the AMS5 to allow multicast to work?

Thanks in advance!

vbrick 9000 transmitter configs for multicast

- Transport type: RMPT

- ip address: ams server IP

- Destination Port: 1935

-RTMP Application: multicast

-RTMP Stream: livestreamTest1?fms.mulicast.type=2&fms.multicast.groupspec=G%xxxxxxx&fms.multicast.address=239.135.x.x&3A4444

-RTMP Username: <blank>  <-- I don't see where there is a "username".  There is no username in the configurator tool.

-RTMP Password: broadcast  <-- This matches whas I used in the multicast configurator tool.

Logs from AMS5

Handling pulish request for source stream: livestreamTest1,
query string: fms.multicast.type=2&fms.multicast.groupspec=G%xxxxxxx&fms.multicast.address=239.135.x.x&3A4444,
client id:xxxxxxxxx,

client ip: 10.199.3.2

Bound multicast context: livestreamTest1-1 to source stream name: livestreamTest1

Registered multicast context: livestreamTest1-1

Multicast connection status: netconnection.connect.success,
multicast context: livestreamTest1-1  Multicast netstream will publish to ip address 239.135.x.x:4444 on interface address: default, multicast context livestreamTest1-1

Multicast connection status: netstream.connect.success,multicast context: livestreamTest1-1

Multicast connection status: netstream.publish.start,multicast context: livestreamTest1-1

Unloaded application instance/_definst_

Handling unpublished request for source stream:livestreamTest1, client id: xxxxxx. Client ip; 10.x.x.x  <--- WHERE DOES THIS COME FROM????

Unbound multicast context: livestreamTest1-1 from source
stream name: livestreamTest1

Shutting down multicast context: livestreamTest1-1.  Current state: STATE_PUBLISHING

For what it's worth.  I can make unicast flash work fine with these settings...

vbrick 9000 transmitter configs for unicast flash

- Transport type: RMPT

- ip address: ams server IP

- Destination Port: 1935

-RTMP Application: live

-RTMP Stream: livestream

-RTMP Username: <blank>

-RTMP Password: <blank>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, this has nothing to do with encoder...it is a multicast setup issue...Have you enabled multicast in your LAN/router.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think multicast is enabled properly.

"ip pim sparse" is enabled on the router with IGMP at layer 2.

On the router I see *,G and S,G entires in the multicast routing table pointing toward the AMS5 server's vlan.

From the windows server with AMS5 on it I can ping the multicast groups of various video speakers.

From the windows server with AMS5 on it I can run an application called "VBDirectory" that uses multicast to discover all vbrick devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines