• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Concurrent Recordings on AMS 5.0

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AMS 5.0 on a Windows Server. It is dual core, 2GB RAM server. Not that optimal from hardware perspective. I am doing performance benchmarking on it from recroding perspective. For checking the concurrent recordings it can support, I used Flazr client as well as couple of manual recordings. For manual recordings I used NetStream AS class with record mode. Frame rate was default. Did this testing while sitting in same network, just to keep bandwidth issues to minimum.

What I observed is that AMS supported 3-4 concurrent recordings without any signficant loss of frames or delay. With more than 4 concurrent recordings, there was significant delay using Flaxr and loss in frame rate while doing manual recording. Count of 4 seems to be less despite a 2GB server. Now coming to points for discussion:

1. What are the best possible configurations for supporting good no. of parallel recordings with decent frame rate? There is a configuration guide for AMS. Tried couple of relevant things, but didn't help out.
  2. Is AMS recording I/O intensive, Memory intenstive or CPU intensive? This will help me in better deciding infra needs. My guess is that it is I/O intensive.
  3. Is there any better way to do load testing of AMS apart from using Flazr and FMSCheck?

Thanks and awaiting some thought provoking comments

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of the client which you are talking about but what is your use case. I mean recording can be done via server-side code and you can use tools like ffmpeg to trigger publishing load and then recording it via server-side code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2013 Feb 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks SE. Part of functional use case is that I want to offer my clients to record videos and view the recorded videos. The recorded video stays on Media Server for couple of minutes and is eventually pushed to a Rackspace CDN. Once pushed to CDN, video is deleted from Media Server. So the role of FMS in my case is primarily recording. That is why I landed up in testing concurrent recordings so as to do capacity planning and optimization.

Will check out ffmpeg. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines