Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMIS 3.5.2 and multipoint publishing example problem

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I`m completely puzzled with example from adobe.com.

I`m using FMIS 3.5.2 (windows xp) and was trying to make this example working http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashMediaServer/3.5_Deving/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d11a0773d56e-7ffb.ht...

When my flash media live encoder connects to 'livestreams/localnews' publishing point i got in logs:
CSAAACPI is connected
Sending error message: Method not found (releaseStream).
Sending error message: Method not found (FCPublish).
localnews is publishing into application livestreams/_definst_
Republishing the stream into "livestreams/anotherinstance"
Stream Status: NetStream.Publish.Start
The stream is now publishing

When i`m trying to connect to the "livestreams/localnews" with flash media player i can see the stream from my webcam but when i`m trying to connect to republished stream 'livestreams/anotherinstance' i got nothing.Player says "loading..." and shows nothing.

Here is my logs and main.asc http://pastebin.com/m652cb1ec

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I somehow dont see any issue with example and it should ideally wrok fine. I will try it my end and will get back to you.

But one strange thing i find in your logs is :

Your publishing happens to start at 10:45:37  indicated by logs from livestreams/_definst_ whereas logs of livestreams/anotherinstance  shows publshing has already begun at 10:35:41 , i really dont know how that is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything looks correct but the player i`m using cant show the stream i`m republishing.It shows "connecting" when i`m trying to get a stream from the point i`ve republished video to.

I`m using adobe player from examples (stream video player with ability to test vod and live)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your main.asc and publised stream by name "hello". I was able to subscribe it on both instances "_definst_" and also on "anotherinstance".

I am assuming you mean videoPlayer from samples when you say "stream video player" from examples as I used the same and could not see any issue. (If you are using Videoplayer please dont forget to check "Live" check box each time before you click on "Play Stream" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2009 Jun 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, with "livestreams/localnews", 'livestreams' is the application name and 'localnews' is the stream name.  FMS assumes the default instance (_definst_).  Really the path is "livestreams/_definst_/localnews".

When you republish to "livestreams/anotherinstance", 'anotherinstance' is the instance name, so the path is "livestreams/anotherinstance/localnews".  I'm guessing you didn't have the stream name (which is still 'localnews' in the new instance), so the player was confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Everything working now. I guess that was my missunderstanding of FMIS internal logic and leak of comments in example file.

Now working like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines