Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FP 11+ Audio Encoding Issue With H.264 Video

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2011 Nov 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FP 11+ Audio Encoding Issue With H.264 Video

I'm not sure if this issue is with the Flash Player when encoding the stream or with the Flash Media Server that is saving the stream so I'll be posting in both forums.

The problem is when publishing an audio and video stream from Flash Player 11 (Windows, FF) to the Flash Server 4.5 using the H.264 video codec. The audio portion of the recorded stream doesn't appear to be playable by anything and FFMPEG cannot process the audio stream. Here are the differences in the stream:

When using Sorenson as the video codec and recording the stream (flv) from the Flash server, the information about the audio stream from FFMPEG is this:

Stream #0.0: Audio: nellymoser, 22050 Hz, mono, s16

This clip can be played and processed by various players and FFMPEG with no problem.

When using H.264 as the video codec and recording the stream (f4v) from the Flash server, the information about the audio stream from FFMPEG is this:

Stream #0.1(eng): Audio: nmos / 0x736F6D6E, 22050 Hz, 1 channels

This clip does not play the audio and cannot be understood by FFMPEG.

I tried using the Speex codec as well and I have a similar issue as above (it doesn't play the audio stream and FFMPEG can't understand it).

Note the version of FFMPEG I'm using supports both Nellymoser and Speex so there should not be an issue.

1) Any idea why the codec appears different and won't play.

2) How to achieve the goal: send H.264 video stream with audio from the Flash Player and have a recorded stream with playable audio.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully they will have a quick fix because not having audio in a recorded video clip is a major problem as it renders the clip useless if you aren't streaming it through FMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ImAStreamer,

I see your bug report has been closed without resolution.  I raised the same problem in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3858528

And got the reply:

Thank you for the info. Apparently this is a bug in the Post Processor tool. The responsible team is aware of it and they are working on a fix. Of course I can't tell you when it will be fixed or released but it is in the works.

that was in August and nothing since.  It seems a fairly major bug that you can't have audio in your saved video.  I can't find anywhere to contact that team for an update, and the problem seems to have been forgotten or ignored.   If anyone from Adobe is looking in, an update would be appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2011 Nov 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct that they closed my bug with no resolution claiming the issue is not in the Flash Player.

Adobe - there is no means in the current Post Processor to convert the audio to anything playable. How can we not have audio in our recorded clips?

Obviously this is a serious issue that many people are having. Can you give us an update on this or what to do now that you have closed the bug I submitted above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got a work around for this issue?  Does anyone from Adobe know when it will be resolved, or if it will? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can transcode the flatten streams using ffmpeg.  I've noted it here;

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4053414#4053414

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2012 Mar 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When encoding live in H264 with the FP 11  then playing it live on another client (through FMS r) the video sometimes (1/3 of times) has major skips or jerks. It's almost as if the video goes back to some older keyframes and then returns to live. Same experience with non-h264 produces smooth video.

If the server (FMS ) records the video, the replay looks smooth, which is strange because I would have assumed the FP was not encoding well with H264.

Has anyone had this issue? please reply

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arnold.25: yes i am also facing similar issues.  when i googled for it,  found out that its because of either the buffer or bandwidth causing the issue. so need to set some buffertime on your playback client end or the bandwidth should be sufficeint enough to play the stream. but when i tried the first method it intriduced a lot of delay and the second method is expensive. so i am in search of some other solutions for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this out, ffmpeg is rendering the file fine at my end. I used ffplay to try and play this, I am getting video and audio.

I have tried h264 with both nellymoser and speex.

If still you are having this problem please pass me your file so that I can investigate further.

Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi simpleton,

Thanks for your time. I could resolve this at my end. It was nothing but the swf version mismatch on my compiler-settings. I was using the Flash player 11.2 and the compilet option was setting  -swf-version to 14. So H264 encoding had this jerking issue. But once give the appropriate version # it got resolved. I got the version detatils from here

http://sleepydesign.blogspot.in/2012/04/flash-swf-version-meaning.html

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@simpleton how can i send you my files.send me ur email id so that i can send u my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Arnold

Sorry I forgot mentioning my email id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines