Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HLS stops working after 10 minutes

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the bellow errors:

[Mon Feb 15 15:14:11.310535 2016] [core:error] [pid 1036:tid 139962544695040] mod_hlshttp [500]: M3u8 generation error (Invalid time limit (possible inconsistent license configuration).) when processing /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/test1/test1.m3u8

[Mon Feb 15 15:14:12.060589 2016] [core:error] [pid 1036:tid 139962542589696] mod_hlshttp [500]: M3u8 generation error (Invalid time limit (possible inconsistent license configuration).) when processing /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/test1/test1.m3u8

[Mon Feb 15 15:14:29.701852 2016] [core:error] [pid 1036:tid 139962539431680] mod_hlshttp [500]: M3u8 generation error (Invalid time limit (possible inconsistent license configuration).) when processing /hls-live/livepkgr/_definst_/test1/test1.m3u8

I use it.

Adobe Media Server 5 Extended on AWS Marketplace

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem on Amazon Web Services with subscription at Adobe Media Server 5.

After 10 minutes the live streaming hangs.

The logs report:

M3u8 generation error (Invalid time limit (possible inconsistent license configuration).)

On the admin console the license field is empty, Is it normal?

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to buy a license, or install one if you did buy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazon uses a differenti pay license method.

The problem was the AWS zone, in irrland it's works, in frankufort not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I am having same problem now.

Do you resolve this problem?

I am very happy if you help me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMS does not(by default) pickup license info from the ams.ini file in case of AMS running on AWS...The licensing info is controlled based on machine type on which the AMS is running and also the status of ec2.xml file in the installation folder.  if you are running on incorrect machine type or have modified AMS installation then AMS may switch back to default(unlicensed mode) and you may experience such difficulties. That the playback is limited to 10 mins is an indication that AMS is running in unlicensed  mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we are working on the issue, a workaround would be to create a softlink as shown in attachment

workaround.jpg

Or You can do following steps

sudo mkdir /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.4/bin/conf

sudo cp /opt/adobe/ams/conf/EC2.xml /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.4/bin/conf/EC2.xml

sudo chown -R ams:ams /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.4/bin/conf

Kindly clear your browser cache and restart your browser before testing.

Also please let us all know if this fixes the issue for you.

I tested it with HDS and found it to be working...Can you somebody share their experience with HLS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry of a error in miscommunication earlier.

I just realised that for 5.0.11 the link has to be created at the level of cwd...cwd of runnign process can be found out as follows

sudo pwdx ` sudo ps aex | grep httpd | grep -v grep | cut -d" " -f1`

See screenshot as below

getcwd_for_pid.jpg

in my case the cwd turns out to be / , so i need to create a folder conf at root level and put EC2.xml inside that...[Do not forget to change owner ship of file and folder to ams:ams ]

See screenshot as attached.

EC2_conf_for_httpd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines