Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Store My Files In Separate Folders Under VOD

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use FMS 3.5 for streaming IPTV.

We have a number of channels and currently our mp4 files are all held in the Media subdirectory, below vod

We want to divide them into separate channels for the the stations with their own subdirectories for organised filing but cannot see any way of doing this and then referencing the correct directory with the rtmp: via XML.

Anyone got any ideas or experience with this?

Incidentally 3.5 seems to be well worth the upgrade.

David King

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if you are using FMIS or FMSS. If you are using FMSS, you can use VirtualDirectory settings in VHost.xml or Application.xml. You can read more details about how to do such configuration by opening conf files itself or reading documentation about this xml files.

I will just try to explain in simple terms: 

Say you have 3 channels: ABC, BBC, NBC.

Place all media files related to ABC in seperate folder called say "c:\ABC" , similarly BBC media files in "c:\BBC" and NBC in "c:\NBC"

Now you have to do following setting for VirtualDirectory in Application.xml file given in VOD application,

<StreamManager>

<VirtualDirectory>

<!-- Specifies application specific virtual directory mapping for recorded streams.   -->

<Streams>/;${VOD_COMMON_DIR}</Streams>

<Streams>/;${VOD_DIR}</Streams>

<Streams>ABC;c:\ABC</Streams>

<Streams>BBC;c:\BBC </Streams>

<Streams>NBC;c:\NBC </Streams>

</VirtualDirectory>

</StreamManager>

Now your client application, should give stream name as "ABC/mp4:sports.mp4" when it wants to play sports mp4 of ABC channel.

I would be able to tell you more if you tell me exactly how is your set-up and as I asked before what are you using FMIS or FMSS?

I know I haven't been very detail but hope it solves your problem, please do let me know if it does or does not, I will try to help you further if it does not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2009 May 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without being technically correct and all that other jargon.....set your folders up like this.....

application/videos/streams/yoursite/

and in the "yoursite" folder place in a bunch of folders for different channels...like "channelone".."channeltwo"...etc you get the point....

in FMS connect the stream to   "rtmp://yourserver/videos/yoursite"

are you still with me?

then when you call the play function inside your player.......do like this     stream.play("channelone/myvideo");

and lets say you switched channels inside of player without using another connection you could simply have it play another file in another channels folder by simply changing subfolder and file name like so...                       stream.play("channeltwo/yourvideo");

piece of cake......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a note that you'll need to create a folder with all the files of the folder 'VOD' in the application directory. In this your new folder there will be a file named 'Application.xml', open that file and say name of any variable.

After that you'll need to use that same variable under the folder \adobe flash media server\conf\fms.ini .

i.e the new variable under fms.ini should match with the variable created under the new folder which will point the directory to any of the specified locations .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines