• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you update/patch Apache for Windows?

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Media Server 5.0.5 on a Windows 2008 server.  The current version of the Apache software is 2.2.21.  During our most recent vulnerability scan our server was identified as needing to be upgraded/patched to the latest version of Apache 2.4.10 for denial of service attacks.

Do you know if it is possible to upgrade the current version to the latest version of Apache, and if so are there any issues I need to be concerned with since Apache is integrated within the Flash Media Server?  Specific instructions on this would be great as I am new to configuring Apache.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have v5.0.3 and looking to upgrade to v5.0.6 on Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2and to latest version of Apache (v2.4.10).  Yet every time I use the installer to upgrade it replaces my ams.ini file, yet I am smart enough to back it up prior to upgrading.  So why doesn't Adobe write their upgrade routine not to touch the ams file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dpstucson Can you confirm that you're running AMS with apache2.4?
If 'yes', can you help to solve how to config mine apache2.4 to work with AMS 5 cuz now i have this issue Can't get Adobe Media Server 5 to work with XAMPP's apache 2.4 when trying to load the modules in apache2.4.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines