Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How much does multicast help?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows.

I recently saw a post here in this forum and got amazed with 5000 users.

I want to set up a AMS based live streaming service, and thought if you, as more experiencied users could give me some advices.

My biggest concern is about the internet bandwidth. I like AMS because it have the multicast feature, but it is a little bit confusing for me if it only works at LAN, for intern corporate communications, or if it can be used to live stream video worldwide.

I would like to know how big is your internet bandwidth. I need to calc how much the multicast does help.

I would really apreciate if you could give me any tip.

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case of multicast it is the router in essentially the network which does the job of serving RTMFP packets..,and hence the load on server is minimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.

So, can I broadcast live from a 15Mbps upload internet when having help of multicast?

Every viewer will watch the same event at the same time, so everyone can help in P2P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines