Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to send and receive life streams

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I need to know if it's possible to publish life streams with audio and video from smartphone device (iOS and Android), receive this stream with AMS 5 and view the published video into a browser web page. All this without Flash Player.

Could you help me? There are some samples/tutorials that I can follow to implement it?

Kind regards,

Manel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First if all i guess you mean live streams(and not life streams).

Adobe media server allows publish only via only rtmp..So your phone should have an application which can publish via rtmp.

For publishing from iOS  device you can use video core library(an objective c lib) https://github.com/jgh-/VideoCore

For publishing from Android device you can use AIR application(Adobe - Adobe AIR )..However note that you will only be able to puhsinh with VP6 codec ...H264 is not supported as yet on AIR.

Once the stream is published to AMS it can be viewed anywhere on desktop browser.

For viewing streams on iOS you can use hls(since hls is natively supported by iOS)

For viewing streams on android you can use create an AIR application(Adobe - Adobe AIR )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more investigation...on andriod you can see rtmp streams in browsers like UC browser, firefox e.t.c..Chrome on Andriod however does not allow flashplayback as yet...

Also since UC browsers e.t.c use flash for underlying video display...in theory you can also publish from within these browsers..However you have tomake sure that the browser has adequate permissions to access your camera e.t.c.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

you can use an app that support streaming camera over rtmp like this:

RTMP Camera - Android Apps on Google Play (there are many, you need to test and choose the one tha's more suitable for you)

With this app you publish a RTMP live stream over your AMS Server.

Done that you can use the HLS stream that the Adobe Server provide thanks to its Apache module; unfortunately HLS streaming it's not supported by all the browsers:

Playing HLS Video in the Browser | HTTP Live Streaming

Evenutally you can use VideoJS with its HLS plugin in order to build a desktop player (that will work also on mobile) using only the HTTP stream from the AMS and not the RTMP one.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines