• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Server cannot play an mp4 but Windows Media Player can play on PC?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2016 Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a flash media server 4 and streaming mp4 files to my users.  We found that some mp4 files shift to the left top side of the player windows and thus cannot be played.  But such mp4 files can be played on Windows Media Player on same PC normally.

I would like to know how to fix it or any setting changes can help.  Thanks.

flash_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question would probably be answered in Adobe Flash Player forum..This is adobe media server forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2017 Feb 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Media Player 12 supports to play MP4 video encoded with MPEG-4 video codec and AAC audio codec, which may not by supported for flash media server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that the player isn't responding to the actual size of the video, rather it's looking at the metadata to determine the size. It's a player problem, not a Flash problem or Adobe Media Server problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines