Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monitor and Limit Bandwidth

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm running AMS on Win 2012R2. I Have to create multiple live stream. Can anyone tell me, how can I monitor proper bandwidth and limit / administrate on it ?

like stream1 - is limited upto 200 GB of traffic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bandwidth can not be set/adjusted on per stream level...However total bandwidth can be set for a particular application...if an application has only one stream hence bandwidth restrictions that apply on that application will ultimately to applied on that stream too.

You need to have aplication specific Application.xml for this since application specific xml will override global application.xml..The application specific xml resides in root folder to specifric application.

As for the exact tags that control this See application.xml for details...A sample excerpt is as below.

<Client>

<Bandwidth override="yes">

<!-- Specified in bytes/sec. The default provides about 20Mbps. -->

<ServerToClient>2500000</ServerToClient>

<!-- Specified in bytes/sec -->

<ClientToServer>2500000</ClientToServer>

</Bandwidth>

<!-- Bandwidth cannot be set higher than the value set here. -->

<BandwidthCap override="no">

<ServerToClient>5000000</ServerToClient>

<ClientToServer>5000000</ClientToServer>

</BandwidthCap>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain the functionality for when bandwidth is exceeded  (or attempted).

Are packets just simply dropped?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also -- According to the documentation, the bandwith CAN be set per client. Is this incorrect ??

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-media-server/ssaslr/client-class.html#client_setbandwidthlimit

Client.setBandwidthLimit()

clientObject.setBandwidthLimit(iServerToClient, iClientToServer)

Note:

This method is not supported over RTMFP connections.

Sets the maximum bandwidth for this client from client to server, server to client, or both. The default value for a connection is set for each application in the Client section of the Application.xml file. The value specified cannot exceed the bandwidth cap value specified in the Application.xml file. For more information, see BandwidthCap in the Adobe Media Server Configuration and Administration Guide.

You can call this method from a client-side script. Call the NetConnection.call() method and pass it the name of the method, a result object, and any arguments, as in the following:var re:Responder = new Responder(res); function res(info) { trace(info); for (var i:String in info) { trace(i + " - " + info); } } nc.call("setBandwidthLimit", re, 125000, 125000);

var re:Responder = new Responder(res);

function res(info) {    

trace(info);

for (var i:String in info) { trace(i + " - " + info); }

}

nc.call("setBandwidthLimit", re, 125000, 125000);

Availability

Flash Communication Server 1

Parameters

iServerToClient

A number; the bandwidth from server to client, in bytes per second. Use 0 if you don’t want to change the current setting.

iClientToServer

A number; the bandwidth from client to server, in bytes per second. Use 0 if you don’t want to change the current setting.

Example

The following example sets the bandwidth limits for each direction, based on values passed to the onConnect() function:

application.onConnect = function(newClient, serverToClient, clientToServer){

newClient.setBandwidthLimit(serverToClient, clientToServer);

application.acceptConnection(newClient);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines